Friday, November 25, 2011

The Starfish Project


   I've been wanting to share with you about one of my favorite organizations; Starfish Project! This one is really close to my heart. 

   The Starfish Project was established in 2006 to empower exploited women in Asia. The Project developed a socially responsible jewelry business in order to provide women with alternative employment and a range of holistic care opportunities. In 2011, the project has grown to support approximately 35 women in 2 different cities, primarily through the jewelry company where women have taken on new levels of responsibility and leadership, and are able to provide for their families through meaningful employment. The Starfish Project also provides opportunities for women to heal and grow through counseling, vocational training, language acquisition, family education benefits and health care access, as well as providing housing in our women's shelter. The Starfish Project is committed to restoring hope for each woman that enters its doors.
(This info and more can be found at: www.starfish-project.com)


   The jewelry that these women make is beautiful and affordable, and the profits go to the women's salary, housing, health care, and to continue freeing more women from lives of abuse and hopelessness. 




Beautiful earrings, necklaces and bracelets
Really cute jewelry for younger girls too!


   Check out Starfish jewelry at: www.starfish-project.com


   Happy Holiday shopping! I hope you will find some great gifts that give twice this Christmas! In the next few weeks I will be posting about more wonderful gift ideas!

 Love,
 Jessica

4 comments:

  1. Jess, I don't know where I've been but this is the first time I've seen this website. Can you tell me how much everything is and how to purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noemi,
    I love starfish jewelry :) To purchase go to www.starfish-project.com . Here is a general idea of their prices:
    Earrings: $10-$18
    Bracelets: $15-$38
    Necklaces: $16-$65
    I'm sure you will find something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On their site, the price is listed under each item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noemi, there is a code for free shipping that I just found out, sorry if its too late for you! The code is HOLIDAY . It is good until January 15th, 2012.

    ReplyDelete